Baby K Maternity

Baby K Maternity

Thursday, November 6, 2014

2 Weeks with 2 Boys

I am a mother of two. That is the strangest statement. It is still surreal and a bit of a blur. Those days of living at the hospital flew by, and very quickly we were home and learning a new routine.

 We brought Caleb home from the hospital on a Saturday afternoon. It was so cute because Grandma had taken Connor to his t-ball game and they came straight to the hospital from there. We were ready to get home, though we had the best nurses in the world at the hospital. We really lucked out.

 I couldn't believe the moment I sat down to take a picture of Caleb with the sign I made him and his home from the hospital outfit, he cracked his first smile and I snapped as fast as I could. I didn't realize I hadn't framed it perfectly, but it has his perfect little smile and I love it! His first day home and he's already smiling. He continues to smile every day; usually right after I nurse him, which is hysterical because it's milk induced.

 I also set up a little photo session a few days after having him home and I'm thrilled with the pictures I captured of my two boys. Connor is head over heels for his little brother. It is amazing. He wants to hold him all the time, and will come running whenever he hears a cry come from Caleb. He insisted on having Caleb's car seat moved closer to his and holds his hand when we drive anywhere in the car. We surprised Connor at pickup time yesterday from school and he kept saying "this is my baby" and "did you see my baby?" It was so heart warming. Connor has had major night terrors with this transition, but boy does he go gaga over his brother during the day.


 Of course because it is October we had to have our pumpkin patch visit. We went to two. It was so nice to get out of the house!!!!

 Caleb's first holiday was the same as Connor's....Halloween. The two cuties went has Captain Hook and Mr. Smee respectively. Connor had a blast, and wanted to trick or treat for days after. Caleb on the other hand enjoyed being in the moby while we walked around with Connor's friends (Isla and Lola) and then spent time with Grandma while we did her neighborhood.

These past two weeks have been a dream. I keep waiting for the shoe to drop. Like it's not possible to be this way. Connor's newborn stage was a little traumatic. Ok, a lot traumatic, and I would be lying if I said I hadn't been scared about this time around. So far, I have to wake Caleb up at night to feed him, I'm able to set him down to do things, and he only cries when he needs something. It is a very very different experience. He nurses like a champ, and at his doctor's appointment today weighed in at 8 pounds and 5 ounces. We had a minor jaundice scare at the very beginning that turned into receiving a billy blanket and promptly giving it back the next day. We nursed on demand, took walks outside, and went through a million diaper changes and got rid of it ourselves. We went on our first family excursion to vote on Thursday, then the grocery store, and finally Chick-fil-a. It was awesome! We went to Knaus Berry Farm yesterday, and Connor and Caleb took naps together holding hands in the back seat.

Is this my life?

No comments:

Post a Comment