Baby K Maternity

Baby K Maternity

Thursday, October 16, 2014

2 Weeks of Busy

Wow, looking back over the past two weeks I'm overwhelmed by the amount of things we have done. Life is happening at rapid speed and there is no slowing down. From showers to T-Ball I'm exhausted just thinking about our activity. I'm only going to touch on the major activities. Of course Connor's party will have a post all to itself.

Of course we have to begin with Isla's fun art birthday party! The kids had a blast painting ceramics and celebrating little Isla!

Want to join our neighborhood group? We think there may be something in the water.......

The next major event was the sweet shower at AWK8 for myself and another teacher. Caleb and I were so blessed by the entire thing, and I was overwhelmed by the generosity and sweet gifts. The Social Committee did a great job, and I know I left feeling very special. Grandma Glenda even got to come and enjoy the festivities.

 From the shower I went and spent an hour and a half at the doctor before I left the appointment to take Connor to his callback for Happy Birthday Jesus. It was a tad stressful, but Connor was outstanding and did an excellent job singing his solo. I get so much joy seeing him focus and do such a great job. He was called back for one more audition after this to sing with the choir live, and so we are still practicing and praying that our little boy does his best.

 By the end of that week we were off to Connor's first field trip, his first time on a school bus, and mommy's first time chaperoning as a parent. I am so glad I took the day off from work. We went to the Little Farm in Homestead and the kids had an absolute fabulous time.

 They got to touch all sorts of animals from pigs to turkey. They got milk and feed goats and even ride ponies. Our little animal lover was on cloud nine and couldn't get enough of it. He was eager for each new animal, and willingly waited his turn to pet each one. Couple that with his birthday being the next day, he was the happiest child ever.

Monday night Connor played his first T-Ball game of the season, and as a 4 year old. He is playing on the Dodgers team this year at Rotary Park which are the same fields that daddy played on growing up. He's been going to practices over the past month and was more than ready for his first game. He had two excellent at bats where he knocked the ball straight and true. He also did an excellent job manning first base. The kid has a great arm. Daddy was all over the field too as one of the assistant coaches. Even when the game was over Connor still wanted to play. He's such a natural!

 Here is the 38 week mark. At my appointment this week I was 1.5 centimeters dilated and 60% effaced. We are still on schedule for being induced next week, but I am more than ready to go right this minute. I'm doing everything I can to try and put this in motion. At this point in my pregnancy with Connor I was heading to the hospital on this very night. In my eyes I can't do enough stairs at school. I try to make a point of doing multiple sets at the end of every school day hoping to get the ball rolling. I've also been doing physical therapy multiple times a week to try and recover from my fall the first day of school. I think we've finally figured out that I must have popped my SI joint out of place. There's nothing to do about it until after Caleb is here, so I just suck it up and make it through each day. I've been getting crazy long Braxton Hicks contractions and I was just hoping that they would convince the doc to move forward the induction. I thought for sure after my exhaustion from Connor's birthday party I would go into labor, but Caleb is enjoying the hot tub a little more than Connor did.

We got to celebrate Connor and Grandma Jo's birthDAY last night with Uncle Scott in town. It was so sweet to all be together and see Connor and Scott play. Grandpa Ernie was sweet about baby Caleb coming and Connor and him were ready for bed about the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment