Baby K Maternity

Baby K Maternity

Thursday, May 20, 2010


I'm feeling things....weird alien things. The feelings started about 3 days ago. It happens at about 10:00pm once I have gone into my room to lay down. I prop myself up against my pillows and then it starts to happen.....not just once or twice, but a consistant little bit of movement that takes up my belly. It's still not very strong but there is no mistaking it.... I'M STARTING TO FEEL THE BABY!!! I get really quiet and I move my hands over the movement and I can feel it in my fingertips. Don't worry, I don't keep it to myself, I always whisper over to Tim and his hand will come to rest firmly on my belly, and he too has been able to experience it. It is such a precious moment that we can share together. No words need to be spoken our eyes and faces say it all. I can't believe this is only the beginning.

As I feel more movement it only makes me anticipate our next doctor's appointment even more. One week from today we will find out if we will be planning for "ruffles and lace or footballs and jeans" to take a sweet saying from Aunt Carol. I can't believe we're at that point. I can't believe I'm 18 weeks. I can't believe I'm starting my 5th month. I can't believe the size of my belly! haha! I really do look forward to finally being able to plan some things out. I've been so patient in purchasing items, and "nesting" in the nursery. I would LOVE to be able to start putting the nursery together, but I know I can't until one little thing is answered. I know mom is feeling the same way. She's already started shopping for items to keep at her house. It shouldn't be surprising to know she already has a pack and play complete with bassinet. I think it's adorable. It's a great feeling to have people excited for you. The encouragement does wonders for the ego.

Only a few more weeks left of school and I couldn't be any more thrilled. The end of the year brings our spring show (Aristocats), finals, major grading, and tweenage behavior struggles. The kids are just as ready to leave as I am. This week I have spent everyday after school until 5:00pm or later working on the sets for Aristocats of which I am directing. Thankfully I have my family there helping me with each step. Casey is helping big time with the painting and Mom is running my sound. This past weekend Mom and I drew up the plans, and the guys literally built the set pieces from wood we had picked up from Home Depot. The set consists of 8x8 flats we put together with plywood and 2x4s. My life is consumed with this play and I think I'm running out of steam. To say I'm tired is a drastic understatement. The kids are working really hard but I'm still nervous/stressed because the sound system is practically non-existent. The kids look just can't hear them and they are already practically yelling. I know it will turn out wonderfully, but the stress is still there because we've been working on this twice a week since January, and I want their hard work to show. They really are good kids and I really appreciate their effort.

I'm ready for the coming week. Big Baby News and the show are all on the horizon. I think I need to take a day off to recoup!

No comments:

Post a Comment